Saturday, January 4, 2014

Things you Can Do to Protect Your On-line Images of your ART

I happened upon this site when I googled " when people grab your photo from facebook and put it on their web-site". I used to have a regular facebook page like the ones used for personal use that nearly everyone on the planet has. I googled myself to see what would come up and behold a picture of me came up that was not linked with one of my sites or blogs and was a picture I did not give anyone permission to use. It's just a picture of me in an 80s Gem/Misfits like costume I had taken before going out to an 80's retro event on Halloween one year and a pic I had as my profile pic on Facebook for awhile. So I googled "when people grab your photo from facebook and put it on their web-site" and found this article on skinnyartist. A great site by the way if you haven't happened upon it already. I had thought of looking into watermarking but I wondered if even that protect an image and I was right. Check out the article for an example of how a persons watermarked original image was taken and used on a t-shirt unlicensed. Do your research and home-work people! I know I am!


http://skinnyartist.com/stop-stealing-my-images/

No comments:

Post a Comment